Monday, March 31, 2008

Places to Go: Huntington Gardens

Besides the recent Easter holiday & Koman walk, I've not taken Hugo out for a full-day's outing. This weekend, however, changed that and together we got lots of fresh air.

Saturday found me at the Huntington Gardens (thanks, Sara!), together with Denise & Matt. It was a perfect, slightly overcast day that was bright enough to give great light without being too cold or warm. By the end of the day I had almost 500 images to weed through. Of those I kept around 175 with a few dozen that I am particularly pleased with. Unlike Denise, I'm not sure I can choose just two ultimate favorites but for the sake of this post, I'll do my best to give you a handful of favorites in three different categories: Nature, People & Statuary.

Nature



People


Statuary


For the full shebang, go here.
For a few dozen favorites, go here.

4 comments:

DeniseMarie said...

These are so beautiful.It amazes me somewhat how we each saw totally different things that day. I had such a great time photographing my little heart out. I wish I was more brave like you and had the nerve to take pictures of people. I'll have to work up to that and/or get a larger zoom lens so that I can take them surreptitiously.

TFC said...

fun shots, kel!

Molly W. said...

Cool pics Kel!! Love the Asian girl on the right.

Creative Mama said...

I LOVE THAT OLD MANS wrinkly face...